Powered By Blogger

Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Great Communication brings great results

I was thinking about when I first started Hairdressing. Nothing terrified me more than
a colour booked with me. I would get more and more terrified as the time came for the
client to come and by the time they would sit down in my chair I was a nervous wreck.
It wasn't until I saw a another fellow hairdresser do a Colour Correction that I saw a a whole
new world to Colour. I took every class on Colour and even became a Educator for a Colour company for years.

Yes, it is those that have a whim at 10:30 PM at night and buy a box of colour and find
yourself in a complete disaster that I LOVE. Yes that is right, LOVE. Its all about the Colour wheel in Grade
11-12 Physics (My Teacher would be so proud that I use some of what I learned in his class) I love fixing problems.
How do you get a great colour?? First off its NOT by buying a box in a store. Its through good communication.

Good Hair Colourists are well trained and know that value of education. When you sit in the chair bring tools that will help you
in helping them understand what you want. Pictures are great. I have clients who have Sharpie circled the latest fashion Magazine.
I have some that have drawn pictures or others that have great discussions about what they want. Either way communication on both
sides is needed for a successful colour.

Make sure to continue to talk to your Hairdresser. They love knowing if you are happy , and a great Hairdresser wants to know when
you are not happy. Either way communication is the key to looking your best.



No comments:

Post a Comment