Powered By Blogger

Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What do these people have in common?

Jackie Kennedy
The Perfect set



Rod Stewart
Rocker Hair



Marilyn Monroe
Blonde Bombshell
Jennifer Aniston
The Shag Haircut
The Beatles
The start of long hair for men
George Cloney
Caesar cut

All of these people have one thing in common. We as a entertainment loving society love seeing and following the styles of famous people. What got me thinking about this was the mention of Justin Bieber getting a new hair cut last night. This will rock the tweens and their sense of style. really its just a vamped up version of what we saw with the Beatles. Salons all over the world will being checking it out and figuring out how to do the style. Whether we like it or not we are the same.
 At on point in our lives we have tried to follow someone. The eighties were filled with Madonna like images,with the large earrings, leggings, and lots of crosses, but where did she get her hairstyle from. I think it looks like the Marilyn Monroe picture from the 50's.  When I was at the start of my career I cut many girls hair that said,Í want a hair cut like Jennifer Aniston." I was SO sick of doing a shag back then but guess what?? It is starting again. Same the Caesar Haircut, George Clooney came out with his haircut and every young male would come in for the haircut. Whether we like it or not we love to copy what we see on T.V. or the big screen.
As my children grow up I see them following singers and T.V stars just like I did.I could even post pictures of my Mom and Aunt who's styles look remarkably like Jackie O's in the '60's. I think my husband in the '80' wore something like Rod Stewart.
It will be interesting to see what emerges as the NEW look for 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment