Powered By Blogger

Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies with Chocolate Chips , yes they are fashionable too!

Ok sometime being Fashionable in this house is Baking.
Baking important things like cookies. I even have a child that will
not ever eat  at other homes but when I have my cookies out
when he comes over he will eat till I say stop.
I just made these with my son, Ethan

The base recipe comes frome the Cookbook
Sugar by Anna Olson

I have changed it to suit our needs

2/3 cup butter please don't use anything else
1 cup of dark brown sugar packed
1 egg
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Tbsp Molasses
1 cup of Whole wheat Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups of oats
2 cups of raisins
2 cups of chocolate chip  we use Chipits



Preheat oven to 375* F
Cream together butter and sugar until smooth
Add egg, when blended add the vanilla and
Mollasses. Add dry ingrediants together, add slowly
to the suagr mixture with the raisins and chocolate chips.
Use a ice cream scoop
 (it stops fights about who gets the bigger cookie)
place dough on Parchment lined cookies sheets and bake 7-9 minutes
until the cookies starts to brown and the edges loose their shine.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf6a4J9VNwI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Best cookie you will ever have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment