Powered By Blogger

Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Well it has been several months since I have written a single word. It's not that I had nothing to say but just too busy with life to sit and write. I love to write so why do I put it last on my list I thing to do? OK,You don't have to answer that.

Fashion and concerts are and interesting thing to watch and comment on. I have been a lover of people watching and put that together with a passion for concert going and you have full entertainment. I am thinking of June when my husband and I took our boys to the U2 360• tour in Edmonton, Alberta. It was interesting on a transportation thought. at one point of the trip,2 of us were on a train, one on an airplane and one in a car but we all got to the concert. ( kind of like Trans, Planes and Automobiles) What I noticed as a sat down to get ready to see my favorite group was the audience...just scanning the crowd people watching with my dark shades on.
For all you women out there.Why do we pick the high heeled shoes that are killing us within the first 2 minutes of wearing them to stand, walk and climb concrete stairs in? What the heck are we thinking? Really does the other 30 thousand people care if we are watching in the latest shoes for the season? NO

Then there is the men and women that are stuck in the 80's. Hair and makeup larger than life, but the real kicker is when the concert starts the muscle shirt and the leather tassel bracelets come out and the rock and roll finger is in the air for the duration of the concert. It doesn't seem to matter that they are way past the age to be wearing those outfits.

Then there is the guy that looks like a farmer would from small town Saskatchewan in the late '70s. He will be wearing the Green and white John Deere cap, mirror sunglasses and a check shirt with snap buttons. This the same look that I would giggle at when I was a small child. I am sure that it still is not a good look.

Then there is the group of guys with their women who are wearing football jerseys. When you see then you hope that they are at the right thing. The concert is about to start and are they wondering if they are looking for cheerleaders and a football team. Strange.

Then there is my kind of crowd, comfortable cloths, running shoes and enough jackets for any type of weather. The girls in front even had a bag of homemade cookies to share with each other. I loved that by the way. Gone are the days when I think I need to impress others. I was there for me and my family and that is it.

There times when you want to look you very best- weddings, speaking in front of groups, social outings, the list could go on and on. Standing at a concert for hours on end is really no one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment