Powered By Blogger

Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Winter Trauma for Curly hair

So this is it, another Fall has past and we are in the up and downs of the Thermometer. Before we know it we as Canadians will be going through the Winter freeze. For some that means rain, and for some that means snow and cooler temperature but for Saskatchewanians this means - 40 degrees C with a windchill of
-50 degrees C. OK now I am depressed, does anyone want to take their favorite hairdresser on a warm holiday??

A question was asked of me the other day, "What do you do about your hair in the Winter?" For Straight hair folks it slap on a hat or toque and out the door. For me and fellow curly folks its a BIG issue. As a child I would choose having frost bitten ears than wearing a hat. It was all about looking cool ( literally) and keeping the hair just right. Now that I have grown older and hopefully smarter I am making choices to save my ears and still have great hair.

The head band The headband is a favourite of mine.
It protects the ears but keeps the hair untouched.






This look is for the windchill days,
the face is mostly protected and
the hair is relatively untouched.


Headband & Loose Large neck warmer





This look is for those, "You are going to die in under 10 minutes," days.These are the days when flesh freezes and you are wondering why your parents are not Mexican or you start questioning Global warming. Its not a pretty look but it does what it need to do which is NO hat head but you are protected. The following pic it a fashion hat the received for a Christmas Present. I love it and when I am dressed up and going out this is my pick for warmth and cuteness. The choices sometimes will not get me on the cover of InStyle but I am warm. How about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment