Powered By Blogger

Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Be Kind To Your Hair

I have had several weeks to process my trip to New York. I decided that after coming across DevaCurl products, I need to make the leap to go for some Education.



 DevaCurl has a unique approach to cutting a styling curly hair. I knew that I need to go to learn their approach.

Curly hair can not be compared to hair that is Straight. Right from what the hair shaft looks like under a microscope to how it grows out from the head. Note the above picture and see that even the shape is oval compared to the straight hair shaft. A little Biology doesn't hurt anyone, Right?

Anyways, that and knowing my own quest to finding the perfect product for my type of hair was like searching for the Holy Grail. Until, DevaCurl. So off to New York I go...I will skip all the drama that is leading up to a trip. If you are a Mother and a Wife their are hurdles that you have to jump through order to "Go".

http://devachansalon.com/about/staff

The 3 days that I was in training I was immersed into the concept and then the "doing of the Training.
We would learn the Products, we would go use the products. We would learn a Cut we would go do a Cut.
Colouring and then styling are completely different to what I have been doing for the past 20 years. Each day was exciting and exhausting at the same time
  In simple terms the education is this: Curly hair is NOT the same as Straight hair. We should no longer cut curly hair wet and "straight" we nrrd to cut it dry and cut the curl where it lives. Do we wet down out trees when we are about to trim them? Do we pull all the branches down and cut a straight line?
The answer is no, we cut the tree where each branch lives creating a balanced look.
It is the same with curly hair. Its so simple and Brilliant and the same time. 
Friends, Family and clients have all asked me how my trip was.
 My answer is,"Life changing."
2 words, but when spoken with sincerity are very powerful.

I feel renewed and refreshed in being a hairstylist. I have a different approach now to each and every haircut that I do. Stepping out of  my comfort zone and learning new techniques is challenging, but rewarding.
Whether you are a Curly or straight haired person, this DevaCur lis for you.
Why?
It will look after you hair in the most gentle way.
If you are a Hair stylist, reading these words. I challenge you to not believe everything that Companies tell you. Get to know what is in the product that you use a sell. Start asking questions, figure out the answers.
DevaCurl is a forward thinking company with high standards in educating their fellow hairdressers.
They are changing the face of the Hairdressing Industry, One Curl at a time.

Be kind to you hair.

For more information go to
http://www.mydevacurl.com/

To find a Stylist that has taken time out of their life to join the Curl Revolution
Click here http://www.mydevacurl.com/curly_stylist_finder

By the way, You will find me there. Salon 343

No comments:

Post a Comment