Powered By Blogger

Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Don 't let those Boxes Fool You

Walking down the isles of any Drug store you will find a whole row dedicated to beautifying yourself.
 There are boxes and boxes of gorgeous women and yes now men that look happy with their
new colour. Clairol, Lo'real and other name brand have all the colours that could make any girl happy.
but don't let that happiness fool you. Colouring your hair is a serious thing IF you don't know what you are doing.

I had a client who called me a home years ago. It was around 9 pm and I was getting ready for bed. She voice sounded panicky and my husband must have noticed because he interrupted my relaxing bath.
She had tried to colour her hair at home and was now Ronald McDonald Orange instead of her beautiful
pale beige blonde. After hearing her story I begged and pleaded to NOT do anything more until she came into the salon the next day. She agreed and I hoped that she would NOT do what I feared.
FIX her own COLOUR.
Well she did several times after talking to me. She thought she would be able to fix it because...well
it looked so easy and then she would be happy like those women on the boxes. I silently moaned when I saw her the next day, she had added 2 more colours to her already horrible mistake.
To make a very long story short it took 4-5 hours of Colour corrective work before she could look in the mirror and see blonde again.
Rule number 1 of hair Colouring.....Colour does not remove Colour.
It means exactly that. Don't think another box of colour will cover you mistake.
Finding the right Professional who has a calm head on their shoulder will keep you calm and
reassured while putting your hair in their hands.

AS a Stylist for over 20 years there are only a handful of people that I would trust to FIX any
colour problem that I would have.
Don't take matters into your own hands...don't be fooled by the beautiful people on the colour boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment